Friday 24 April 2009

When Maccas Freezes Over

So here I am sitting in Maccas Coolum using their free wifi to try a make a living. Trouble is they're much better at it than me and I seem to keep popping to the counter to 'warm up'. It's bloody freezing in here. I left England to come to warmer weather and end up with hypothermia in a fastfood joint.
Admittedly I've been here since 8.30am and it's now 3pm but I've been shivering for the last 2 hours. Don't they want my business? Two cappuchinos and a classic chicken meal deal must be helping to pay the rent in these tough times surely? Bugger just added up how much I've spent. Maybe I'll go back to working at home. (Actually thanks Maccas, for your free wifi - but can you come up with some thermal give-aways along the lines of the happy meals?)
Finally, until the pitter patter of tiny feet, I had never set foot in Maccas - but the lure of a covered play area after a week of rain was too much (Maroochydore, Caloundra and Noosaville offer these play areas - possibly others on the Coast do too, but not sure. Coolum definitely doesn't.). Previously I considered Maccas + clearing-of-the-rainforests-to-produce-beef-for-hamburgers = devil incarnate. Time I revisited my ethics ... will do over the next month or so. Will I be for or agin? I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for that. If your comment's any good I might pay you ... no, really. So keep on reading and keep on sending those comments. Cheers.

Followers